Personal Care Home Health Aide
This position is held by a CNA or a licensed individual who provides personal care and/or home health aide services to a client in their place of residence. Tasks assigned on the Service Plan may be rendered to clients under the general supervision of the Care Coordinator – Personal Care Services, Registered Nurse. Direct supervision is always provided by the Care Coordinator – Personal Care Services, Registered Nurse. The Personal Care Home Health Aide may provide any additional duties that Caregiver has been trained in and is determined to be competent in, as long as those duties fall within the Delaware licensing regulations for a Home Health Agency and Comfort Keepers approved services. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens. The individuals in this position may be subjected to random drug testing.
Duties may include:
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care
- Assist patients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans
- Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment.
- Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, and active ROM exercises, when applicable
- Assist clients with self-administration of medications
- Meal preparation and feeding, when required
- Assist with prescribed exercises when the patient and the aide have been instructed by the appropriate health professional
- May measure and record fluid intake and output
- Record and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior or appearance
- Documenting services delivered in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
Type of position:
Full and/or part time positions. All shifts and weekends possible and considered non-exempt.
Care Coordinator – Personal Care Services, Registered Nurse
Must have at least one year of practical experience in a hospital, nursing home, or home care setting; or satisfactorily completed an appropriate home care course which includes the training requirements; or is a student nurse pursuing a degree in nursing who has completed the clinical practicum portion of their training. This individual must have reliable transportation, be genuinely concerned about helping people and demonstrate high moral standards of honesty and integrity. The applicant must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program, be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Finger Printing by the DE State Bureau of Investigation, Credit History and business and personal references and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.